Monday, March 8, 2010

Survived the weekend

Well I made it through the weekend. It's a good thing I work as much as I do, or I think the scale would suffer. I seem to have far less will power at home than I do at work! I guess it's boredom.

After my good weigh in on Saturday I got off work and picked up the ingredients for a healthy black bean soup for dinner, and headed home to enjoy the sunshine a little bit. I put the soup in the crockpot for supper, and headed outside. I cleaned out my nasty car, and just enjoyed the fresh air. I really should have taken a walk, but didn't. I ate the soup with my hubby before he headed for work, then headed to a friends to see their new house.

Yesterday i was home all day. I did manage to make it to town for a 45 minute cardio workout, and to the grocery store. Unfortunately, I got an unhealthy meal to make. But it was yummy and my husband loved it! We had french dips and fries. I guess when you consider used to would go back for seconds on everything on my plate, it wasn't too bad! I also took out about 50% of the inside of my bread before I made a sandwich. That had to help, right?

I also had dessert last night. When I was a teenager, my mom did some kind of weight loss program through church, and one of the recipes that she always made on that program was called "Chocolate Eclair Dessert." I always loved it! I found it by accident the other day online, so I made some. It's not THAT bad calorie wise, but I still didn't need it. It sure was yummy though! And my picky hubby even liked it! That's saying something. He hears low calorie or lite and he turns up his nose.

Today is my monthly check in at the doctor. My regular doctor has a weight loss clinic that you can see a nutrionist, weigh in monthly, etc. I've been doing this for a while now, but the past 2 times I've gone, I had gained. The nurse practioner told me that if I hadn't lost significantly this appointment (Today's) that she was going to recommend I postpone the program until i found my motivation. There was one week between the last time I went and when I started biggest loser. I'm terrified that I gained enough that week that my 9 pounds I have lost in the last 3 weeks aren't enough to make her happy.

I don't really even know why I'm that concerned to stay in the program. When we started, they gave me Phentermine and Metformin. The Metformin I take anyway because of my PCOS. The Phentermine was a great appetite suppressant at first, but literally does nothing for me now. I hardly ever take it. If I wasn't in this program, I could just start going back to my OBGYN and get back on a Metformin treatment. Maybe I should just check into that regardless of what happens with today's appointment. I just like it that they are setting the calories I need to eat a day, and the exercise calories burned. I feel like it takes the pressure off of me!

Cross your fingers for me. I don't want to be "the person" that gets kicked out of the fat doctor!!

Update:  Just got back from the doctor. From one month ago today, I have lost 8 pounds. I will probably agree with that. I "fattened up" knowing I was starting the biggest loser! Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment