Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Monday Recap

To be a Monday yesterday, the day wasn't really to bad! I ate within my calorie ranges all day, and went to the gym. Unfortunately, I didn't stay too long. The girl that I meet on Mondays and Thursdays had been there a while when i got there and was leaving about 15 minutes after I arrived. We worked on the ellipticals for 15 minutes (The absolute max that I can do on that torture device right now) and then when she left I was going to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Unforunately at 6:30 on Monday nights our gym is VERY busy. Every one of their treadmills was full and there were people waiting to get on them. So I decided I was just going to go home.

I hate this attitude that I have had lately. I want to lose weight. I am putting in the work with my diet (for the most part), but I just can't get it together with exercise. I read a post yesterday at Off the Couch where Kristina was talking about pushing past the point where you start sweating or when it starts to hurt a little. Even though I read that and completely agreed, it still wasn't something I could start doing last night. How do I get past this point?

1 comment:

  1. That's a very good question. I have a hard time embracing "the burn" - you know that burning feeling you get when you push your body or muscles to the max - but I'm trying really hard to embrace it. I guess the thing I've noticed is that it's a mindset. If you think you can do it, YOU CAN DO IT. Keep going and trying and I'm sure you'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete