Thursday, March 18, 2010

A setback

After going to the gym last night instead of hitting the bar, and eating my usual breakfast this morning, instead of the fresh donuts in the office kitchen, I had a setback. I had a turkey sandwich in the fridge ready for lunch, but couldn't turn down a trip to the local pizza buffet when asked.

Usually I am even very on plan at the restaurant. They have a wonderful salad bar, and I load up on veggies, egg whites, etc. But today, I wanted none of it. I wanted PIZZA. I didn't have as much as I could have, but I left after eating 2 slices of "Cheese stick" type pizza, a piece of cheeseburger pizza, and a small piece of a thin crust olive pizza. Oh and a piece of dessert pizza. I don't know what is wrong with me. Why can't I have it all working at the same time? I am doing well in the gym but probably consumed well over 1000 calories at lunch today.

I'm so tired of doing this to myself. I wonder if there are any chances of losing weight this week? I sure hope so.

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat up on yourself! Did you end up going to the gym?

    I had a stint a few weeks back where I went back home and literally went out to eat EVERY single night. I didn't gain, and I didn't lose the entire week. HOW that happened... I don't know!

    If you can make it to the gym, even for 30 mins - that would really help. Consistency is more important than HOW long you are there. It's better to go 30 mins 5x a week than 60 mins 2 or 3 days a week.

    I've been having a hard time this week too .. totally caved at lunch yesterday and had chinese. Today has been salads, oatmeal and shrimpt/veggies for dinner. I'm trying not to obsess when I make mistakes because it just makes me feel worse about myself!

    Chin up, tomorrow's a new day! You'll be fine if you clean up your meals the rest of the week and continue to workout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did at least go to the gym last night. I have been there every night this week, and plan to go back tonight. At least I'm doing that well! My husband cooked supper last night when I got home. It wasn't BAD food, but it wasn't that healthy either. I told him to just give me a saucer full though. That in itself is a big deal for me. Even when I'm eating healthy, I need quantity!! HAHA. Thanks for the encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot stop obsessing over quanity lately. I've been adding everything I can to my dinners just to make them look bigger. I think I added sauteed veggies to EVERY single dinner this week; zuchinni, mushrooms, onions. Instead of using tons of olive oil like I did before - I switched to low sodium chicken broth and it adds TONS of flavor.

    Tonight I was STARVING after the gym and my bf left out my leftovers from last night (grrrr)... so all I had was diced chicken breast, onions and zuchinni and half a sweet potato in the fridge. I sauteed all of them (minus the potato) with mrs. dash's fiesta lime and YUM.

    Without the extra veggies it would have just looked like a small pile of chicken but I was def full after. :)

    I do the same thing with turkey tacos .. which are a fav. I add those same veggies and can seriously LOAD up my soft tortilla!

    ReplyDelete