Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Still trucking...

I haven't been posting daily like I planned, but at least I've been on track every day. I'm getting in 8 glasses of water daily, and sticking pretty closely to the 1200 calorie diet I'm working on. I went to the gym again last night, this time with my gym buddy, and burned another 400 calories. When I went to see a weight loss doctor, they told me to eat 1200 calories and burn 500, so I feel like I'm pretty close to that. I hope that the scale shows all of this hard work.

I'm reading an awesome book right now that really makes me want to start running. I've tried several times over the years to become a runner and I just can't make that transition. My shin splints start hurting and my lungs feel like they are going to explode!! I don't know whether I need to drop quite a bit of weight before I start this endeavor again, or if I just need to build up to running very far.

One day at a time!

2 comments:

  1. Hey what book are you reading? :) I just started to read "Born to Run" and it's a very good book. Makes me want to be a marathoner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the book. It is called "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl: How to Lose Two, Four (or More!) Dress Sizes--And Find Yourself Along the Way". I loved it. I will have to check out your book next.

    ReplyDelete