Monday, January 17, 2011

Still going strong!!

I am still on the right track!! Saturday, my Dad and brother went and picked up the elliptical I bought from Sears and put it together while I was working. It is HUGE, but will be a main decoration in my living room until I buy a tv for the extra bedroom that it will end up in. I used it Saturday and Sunday already. My goal is to get on it every day, if only for 10 minutes. I need to move more and eat less! I have no excuse to be lazy when it is blocking my tv view from the recliner!!

I just finished my Phase 1 of the South Beach diet. The only bread I had all week was last night at Red Lobster, where I had one Garlic Biscuit. I couldn't resist the little sucker. But, I made healthy options. We got the shrimp cocktail for our appetizer, a salad, wood grilled salmon, and brocolli. In a different time, we would have gotten the stuffed mushrooms, I would have eaten 3-4 biscuits, and I would have had some sort of fried platter. I was just as happy and satisfied with my meal last night as I ever have been, so that should tell me something!

I just finished The girl with the Dragon Tattoo yesterday. I made sure that I read while on the elliptical. I think that's going to be one of my motivators. I can only read something if I am on there. I am a huge reader, so that should be pretty good motivation!!

2 weeks down, a lifetime to go!! I'm giong to the office on lunch to weigh in for the week, for sparkpeople. I will be weighing in on Friday's at home or at my sisters for my biggest loser challenge with my Brother-in-law. That is fun, but my real challenge is to once and for all get healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment